Friday, August 29, 2014

MDU105.3 Idea and Model

Beginning:


My initial idea was to do more of a Dragonoid mechanical piloted robot, which then changed to a Flying dragon, which then changed to a Viking longboat. However, these ideas were a bit far-fetched and weren't approved.
So, of course, my next idea was to model a toy train. Logical thought progression going on here.

This was the basic beginning of my model, made from boxes and cylinders which were joined together appropriately.







This model was obviously very basic, so I then decided to add some windows for the Driver Carriage. I first tried this by adding swift loops where I wanted the windows to be, selecting the polygons I wanted as the windows, and then deleting them. At the time, this seemed like the logical idea. 




This seemed okay for what I wanted, and I didn't really know how to make it look thicker, so I left it for the time being. 
I also then went on to bevel the roof, extend it out further either side, and bring the outer edges down to make a slanted roof. By this point I thought it was looking okay, and considered adding more carriages to give it more complexity.













No comments: