Friday, August 29, 2014

MDU105.3 Carriages

Carriages:


As with the last blog post, I had talked about adding carriages, and so I did.





I realised that I also needed to think of how they would connect and move together in a line, so I added towbars that could link up with some kind of bolt/screw/pin that could be used to keep them together. 

After this point, I decided that I didn't like how flat the Driver Carriage looked with those windows. I thought it was too flat, and in order to seem more realistic it had to have actual edges and substance. At first I wasn't sure how this could be achieved, and so I researched ways to get the look I desired, and was directed towards the use of Pro Booleans. (YouTube, 2011)


 In order to get the final result I wanted with the windows, I had to create a box that would be the shape and size of the windows I wanted, place them in their desired positions on the Drivers Carriage. Then I had to select Pro Boolean, and pick the window boxes. This then lead to the boxes being deleted where they were, and deleting the part of the Driver Carriage wall that they had touched as well. This was the result I had originally wanted, and so I was very happy after learning the method. I then went on to do the same for the wheels and their connecting rods. 



The only thing I had a problem with when it came to this method was that it left my UVs with an odd diagonal line coming from the bottom of the Driver Carriage box to a window corner. However, since it wasn't really affecting anything, I left it as it was.







----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube,. (2011). How to create 3d window in 3d max. Retrieved 12 August 2014, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZUlyig7vX8








No comments: