Monday, July 28, 2014

MDU105.2 Texturing

MDU105.2 Texturing

After my initial treasure chest research, and my decision to change the default metal colour to more of a yellow-gold, I set to work trying to find the correct shades and tones that would work in the same way as the metal colour palette provided. 





I believe I found good colours, and I'm happy with how they turned out on the final product.



The tutorials were incredibly easy to follow, which I'm very grateful for. They explained the process of making the texture to match the UVs, how to add nice details, and Elle even taught me new techniques and hot keys that I wasn't previously aware of. I can't say that I had any trouble with this part of the production, aside from forgetting to hide the UV layer at some points during the process. 

I felt most comfortable texturing the chest than during any other part of the production so far, and I feel like it will remain my favourite to come. 
I also think that if I were to get a job in the industry of 3D animation, I'd like to focus my skills on texturing models, because I enjoyed it so much and I was genuinely excited to learn new things to better my knowledge.

No comments: